From MediaWiki Widgets
MediaWiki Widgets Administration guideline
|Group||Number of members||Notes|
|Users||All registered users.|
|Autoconfirmed users||-~-Not Available-~-||Edit semi-protected pages (autoconfirmed)|
|Email confirmed users||Perform CAPTCHA-triggering actions without having to go through the CAPTCHA (skipcaptcha)|
|Autochecked users||Have one's own edits automatically marked as "checked" (autoreview)|
|Editors||Mark revisions as being "checked" (review) on the list of unreviewed pages (unreviewedpages)|
|Reviewers||Mark revisions as being "checked" (review) and "quality" (validate) on the list of unreviewed pages (unreviewedpages)|
|Bots||Be treated as an automated process (bot)|
|Widget Editors||Create and edit widgets in the Widget namespace (editwidgets)|
|Administrators||Pretty much the top of the user group food chain. Only user group with theoretically more power is the Bureaucrat group.|
|Bureaucrats||Sets user groups for everyone requesting promotion or requiring demotion.|
- Sergey Chernyshev (Contributions • Message) - Wiki Host
- Jeroen De Dauw (Contributions • Message) - Semi-active. Available upon request via
- Shoemaker (Contributions • Message) - Template • User interface • CSS/JS guy. Quickly available upon request via
Administrators are encouraged (but not required) to do the following;
- Edit patrols on a regular-basis
- Ban spambots and revert their edits.
- Protect/un-protect pages when appropriate.
- Finding and deleting unnecessary pages (Special:UncategorizedPages helps)
- Note unnecessary pages are mostly just certain misspellings (Common ones may be useful to improve searches), spam and non-game related content. Not short/unfinished pages you deem unimportant. Short pages should be tagged with help improve, or redirected to a more complete related page. Also use the "What links here" tool to verify a page is not in use, and clear the links to it before you delete it if you are sure it's unnecessary.
- Fixing Double-redirects time to time (Special:DoubleRedirects)